We are proud to extend surgical services to our patients.
- It can help return a lost animal to their proper owner.
- Microchips help animal shelters avoid the unnecessary expense of boarding an animal that belongs to a loving home.
- Microchips provide a permanent method of identifying your pet. If your pet is lost and its collar is removed, a vet/shelter can still return your pet home.
- Some countries require a microchip (always check for special requisitions when you travel)
In an effort to help your pet live a healthy life, we provide spay and neuter services. Choosing to spay or neuter your new pet is one of the most responsible decisions you can make as a pet owner. Spaying and neutering pets is estimated to add years to your pet's life in decreasing or eliminating their chances of getting certain cancers; it also helps decrease the amount of animals in shelters and the number of euthanized pets each year. With statistics indicating that thousands of pets in Quebec are put down annually, we believe spaying and neutering animals is a productive initiative. In providing these services, we hope to prolong pets' lives and help the community in preventing pet overpopulation. Reasons to spay or neuter your pet:
- Decrease aggressive behaviors in male pets
- Decrease desire for pets to roam and find mates
- Decrease pet overpopulation and pet euthanasia
- Decrease risk of mammary gland tumors in females
- Eliminate heat cycles, bleeding, and yelling for a mate
- Eliminate or reduce marking and spraying
- Reduce risk of ovarian and uterine cancers for females
- Reduce risk of prostate cancer and testicular cancer for males
The clinic is very well-equipped to provide an aseptic surgical service, including laser surgery. We use a unique surgery kit for each animal sterilized by autoclave. The anesthetic gas used isoflurane, which is one of the safest because it is virtually completely eliminated through the lungs. This protects the functions of the kidneys and the liver.
- Sterilization (castration and ovary-hysterectomy)
- Onychectomy Laser (Declawing)
- Abdominal surgeries (stomach, intestines, bladder...)
- Removal of skin or abdominal masses
- Urinary declogging, cystotomy
- Pulse oxymetry
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Vital signs surveillance by our technicians
- Intravenously fluid therapy (to maintain optimal blood circulation during surgery)
- Pre-anesthesic blood test (offer in-clinic)
- Warming devices
We strive to provide our patients with the most current surgical procedures and techniques. With accelerated technology and its use in the medical field, we are now pleased to incorporate laser surgery along with our advanced pet care services. While lasers have been used for decades in aiding human surgeries, they have recently been introduced to the veterinary field with outstanding success. Laser surgery can aide in all soft tissue surgeries, as well as most orthopedic surgeries.
Procedures that can be performed utilizing laser surgery:
- Biopsies or tumor removals
- Dental surgery
- Spay and neuter
- Decreased pain
- Less bleeding
- Minimal swelling
- Precision in surgery
- Faster recovery
Dr Robert Dumont deepened his orthopedic surgery formation at the University of Guelph. The clinic is well equipped in orthopedic instruments (plaques, screws, stems,...) to take care of animals with bone fractures or other orthopedic problems such as cruciate ligament ruptures and patellar luxations. Our digital x-rays apparatus makes it easier to make a diagnosis, treat and re-evaluate these conditions. All at the same place.
Contact us if you need informations concerning orthopedic surgeries.